Greg Gershuny Punch #1
- Hinsdale resident, married with 3 children
- Over twenty years as a senior executive in commodity trading firms focusing on import, export, and distribution of non-ferrous metals
- Volunteer coordinator – Congressional primary election campaign
- Licensed soccer coach, five years, Police Athletic League (PAL) girls soccer
- US Army – Honorable Discharge
- Graduate, US Army Defense Language Institute (DLI) – Russian Language – Voice/ Signal Intercept Operator
- B.A. Russian Language State University of New York (SUNY) at Albany
Greg’s focus as a board member will be to provide our educators with the tools they need to achieve the highest success for our children while doing so in a manner that is fiscally responsible to the taxpayer.
Fred Cappetta Punch #4
- Oak Brook resident, married with 4 children
- Practicing attorney, 1968 to present)
- Life Trustee, Fenwick High School
- Worsham College of Mortuary Science, former Dean, 14 years as instructor of Business Law and Mortuary Science
- Former Chairman, Oak Brook Fire and Police Commission
- Former Board Chairman, McHenry Savings Bank, Director for 41 years
- Decorated military veteran, Captain, U.S. Army, Bronze Star, Viet Nam
- DePaul Law School, J.D.
- University of Notre Dame, B.B.A, Accounting
Fred understands the fiscal challenges of operating a business. The experience Fred brings will compliment the initiatives begun by the current School Board to deliver the highest quality of education to the children of District 86 while doing so in a financially effective manner for District 86 taxpayers.
Dr. Rick Skoda Punch #6
- Hinsdale resident, 36 years, married with 2 children
- Four term board member 1997-2009, 2011-2015
- Current Board President (since May 2014)
- 35 year career educator on public secondary and university levels
- Past consultant to the College Board in History
- Doctorate in History, Illinois State University
- M.S. in History, Illinois State University
- B.S. in History and English, Illinois State University
Dr. Skoda has worked successfully to end the District’s practice of no-bid contracts, supported the 2013 zero tax levy resulting in a $937,000.00 surplus for the District, overseen the independent Sikich Audit Report which highlighted 62 deficiencies in District operations and financial practices, and challenged the District’s special interests. These accomplishments have not come easy. However, Dr. Skoda is committed to reform that serves the children of District 86, and presents transparency and accountability to the taxpayer.